Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Anatomy of an Astronaut (Final)

So here is the final poem of the series. It's been a journey, but we made it through. I hope everyone has had a good time reading the poems. I appreciate everyone who has stopped by and read. It truly means so much to me. Well enjoy.

Good Morning My Dear. Did I Tell You Ever That I Love You? (Brown Eyes)

My ears rang
And my head felt like someone hit me with all their might
My mouth was dry
While my tongue was stuck to the inside

I heard a creak
And then fast paced steps vibrating the floor
With in seconds a hand grabbed my shoulder

"Did you have a good sleep dear?"
There she was...
Exactly how the balloon showed me it was going to be
"Let's get you cleaned up."
She ran her hand across my cheek
I got up from the hard wood floor
Then dusted myself off
As we walked by the window I looked out...

There in the middle of the yard stood the watchers
The male watcher smoking a cigarette
As the female watcher lifted her glass of white wine to her lips
They both smiled and waved

She took me by the hand
"Mikey... I've been waiting for you."

And this time
It was brown eyes that hypnotized me
"I know..."
I pushed some hair behind her ear

"But not as long as I've been waiting for this moment to spend forever, only with you."


- Michael Alcoser

1 comment:

Acquaintance said...

I hope your next posts will be of those stories I read.

Later Mikey