Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Anatomy of an Astonuat (Part One)

So almost two years ago I went through some personal soul searching. This included drinking heavily and blacking out too many times for it to even be thought of as a joke. When I thought I knew who I was I sat and wrote a series of poems. I fell in love with some photos friends had, and asked them if I might be able to use them. To this day I think of this series as the best thing I've ever put to paper. I'll be posting them in a series so part two will be out tomorrow.



The Girl with Rainbow Shadows, and the Astronaut's Last Night

I lit a smoke as I took a seat and the rain began to pour around us
The tin roof was a drum set to be played by the falling rain
The smoke was thick
It fogged my vision
Not to mention the alcohol had begun to take its effect
Moments passed in to hours
And my eye lids fell
As did my body
There I was...
Passed out on the floor
I could see nothing
I could only hear, and feel the vibrations of the falling rain drops
Then nothing...
Nothing, nothing but a voice
An angelic sound blew into my ears
"Mikey, look at me... Look at me Mikey..."
The voice trailed
I tried to open my eyes
Each time I tried little rays of light poured in
And then,
Then I saw her...
Her profile was covered in shadows
While rainbows seemed to form around her
"Mikey..."
She spoke
"Are you ready to discover your soul?"
I took her by the hand
As she showed me the way into my heart




- Michael Alcoser

1 comment:

Acquaintance said...

I absolutely loved this part, "The tin roof was a drum set to be played by the falling rain."

I've loved your writings since the day you gave me your booklet of your literature and especially after I read your short stories, I can't wait til you post those up, I wish i had a copy but i know you'll post them soon.

Later man. :D