Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Anatomy of an Astronaut (Part Two)

Here's part two of the series. It's still just building up. More to come tomorrow.

Having a Smoke, and Some Wine with the Watchers

They stood across the room
Both with all knowing smiles
They were called the watchers
They knew what was good for me
Even the things I didn't even know I would
"They'll tell you everything. Just listen..."
The girl with rainbow shadows let go of my hand
She then smiled, and walked away
I watched her fade away into nothing

Giggles began to echo through the room
I turned quickly to the watchers
It was as if they never moved
Their shoulders kept them leaning against the wall
I walked to them as if their gaze was drawing me into their power
"It's about time."
The male watcher grabbed my shoulder
"Let us talk."
The female watcher stretched out her hand
To lead me into the next room
We took our seats
The male watcher lit a cigarette
As the female watcher lifted a glass of white wine to her lips
"Do you know why you're here? Who we are, and what we do?'
I sat back knowing they wouldn't let me speak
"We are your inner thoughts. Your fears, dreams, and everything else you can think of..."
The male watcher pulled out a second cigarette
He extended his arm
Almost as if it was a peace offering
"Take this Mikey, and then take that path."
The male watcher spoke as I lit the cigarette
"Don't let it scare you..."
The female watcher smiled
"I know you're a good person. Hell, we live in your thoughts. No one knows you better than us."
I stood from my chair, and thanked them
As I walked from the desk I fell
I fell into a hole
And once again
I saw nothing


- Michael Alcoser

1 comment:

singleton said...

""I know you're a good person. Hell, we live in your thoughts. No one knows you better than us."

Isn't that so true
And yet I've never met anyone more a stranger to me
than sometimes myself...