Saturday, October 20, 2007

So I usually start off with this poem because what it means to me. When I was very young I had several blows to the head from different events, which in turn left me very spacey. I would ofter stare off and loose focus. This made my mother give me the nickname "The Space Cadet" as the years went on I felt the need to change it. Nothing to drastic, but something that would fit me. When I was 16 I wrote this on the back of a napkin. It came pouring out of me. A short to the point poem about myself and an old friend who never seemed to feel the same as I did. From the years since then my character has eveloved a bit, but has been recently killed off. I will be releasing those later on. For now please enjoy.

The Astronaut

Despite the words that tapered from your mouth, I ran back into space.
To learn all to well to forget this place…

Soon the stars will fall, but first we will break. Since it will take far too long to think.

Whispering. We’ll fade away…
Into starlight,
The Astronaut waits…


- Michael Anthony Alcoser

No comments: