Monday, October 22, 2007

Today has been a long crappy day. I haven't felt this lost and confused in a long time. Not since I wrote this poem last year.

Street Sounds, Oh Grand Street Sounds

The street felt narrow
And the stars weren't lighting a thing

My head felt heavy as I thought about all my troubles
My worries are what took me to the street to begin with

I was inches tall compared to the size of all the buildings that surrounded me
Pages of news papers caught on to my feet as if a person hanging from a cliff
In the allies next to my path
Cats knocked over old, empty bottles
And in the distance
Sirens screamed "Murder!" through the quiet night

A girl’s voice danced down the street
It was hypnotizing
My thoughts and worries left me as I searched for the source of the voice
So I listened...

"If you look long enough... You will find it."
The voice seemed to come from behind me

A single street light was the only thing lighting the angel I saw waiting for me
She was like something made out of nothing
And her halo gave her that extra glow
That made you gasp when you saw her beauty

She reached out her hand to take mine
As our hands made contact
The world went silent
Calm came over my body
So I went limp, and fell into her arms

"Trust in yourself, you'll get where you need to."
Her mouth formed the words which had escaped her ruby lips
"You maybe scared now, but trust me when I say, the worst has past."

With that she was gone
The street was once again dark
But this time it seemed the stars produced more light
So I walked

I walked for almost a day
Still nothing seemed clear


But my heart pounded

Just to let me know I was alive
And there was hope left in me

I just had to find it


-Michael Alcoser

No comments: