Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Anatomy of an Astronaut (Part Three)

Here's part three. This is one of my favorites. Enjoy.


Blue Eyes Tell No Lies As She Tells You about Life

I couldn't see the world around me
But like the male watcher told me
I wasn't scared...

A pounding began thumping in my head
And quickly it started getting louder
But then, as if there was no thumping and pounding to begin with
It was gone...

"They said you'd come."
I felt a soft hand touch my face.
"Just open your eyes, and know me."
The touch was as if silk was being ran over my cheek, and it gave me enough motivation

Beauty...
That's all I could think when I looked upon her
She was leaning forward
Her legs pushed together with her hands resting on her knees
Her big blue eyes were glowing
And for the first time I smiled

"Let us go Mikey."
She extended both hands to help me from the ground
"Where are we going?"
My mouth finally seemed to form words
"You aren't as quiet as the watchers told me you were."
She pushed her hair from her face
And once again I saw her eyes
They kept making me smile
"I don't think the watchers know me as well as they try to make it seem."
"I'm a little deeper than a rain drop puddle that they make me out to be."
I pulled out a cigarette
"Then don't smoke..."
She placed her hand over the pack of cigarettes
"Don't... Where does it get you? You get nothing out of it. So don't be as shallow as a rain drop puddle."
Her eyes seemed to hypnotize me
I put them back in my pocket
"You're a smart guy Mikey. You just need to start using your head."
But she pointed at my heart...
"Soon you'll learn how to use that, and when you put the two together... Well you'll get to see everything for what it is."
I looked long and hard at her
The breeze kept moving her hair into her face
She looked down
And as she did a red balloon floated by
As if it was fate she lifted her head back up
Just so I could have seen the red balloon
"You know what you need to do Mikey. Go find her..."
Her hand grazed my cheek on last time
"If you grab a hold of that balloon it will take you to where you need to go."
"So this is when you must leave."
She looked to her right
Over at the balloon
"Will I see you again?"
Her finger once again pointed at my heart
She then smiled, and pointed at the balloon
"Go..."
So I turned to run
And took a hold of the red balloon
Then began to fly


- Michael Alcoser

2 comments:

singleton said...

Yes, you're flying.....

Acquaintance said...

Coz I have a question, who is that blue eyed girl?

Hehe, Singleton came by, she's great! :D

Later Coz