Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Anatomy of an Astronaut (Part Five)

So here is part five. This when I first wrote it was going to be the ending poem, but when I went back to read it again there was something that just didn't feel right. So a day later I went back and changed the ending to this poem and wrote a whole new one.


The Balloon Girl, and an Angel Named Fate

She stood holding balloons
"I'm glad to see that you're awake."
The balloon girl entered the room
"You did scare me though when you were talking in your sleep."
I knew exactly what she was talking about...
So I just smiled
"Maybe you should go back to sleep."
She sat on the edge of the bed
"Because you sure were talking much more then."
The balloon girl grabbed my hand
And then tied a red balloon around my wrist
"I want you to have this Mikey."
"It shows you who you really are if you look at it right."
"But make sure you know yourself before you try."
"Because if you look at it at the wrong angle, it will show you all your fears, and can ruin your life."
She gently tapped it
"How do you know you gave me the right one?"
I looked into the red balloon
What I saw was what I always dreamed
But never did I ever think it would come true
"So you can speak!"
She squeezed my jaw
"Just know Mikey, I don't make mistakes..."
Her smile made me believe she was something more than just the balloon girl
"How though?"
She looked me square in the eyes
"Go to that window, and tell me what you see."
I looked over to my side and saw the window
"Go on.”
So I tossed my blankets a side and stood by the window
"Well what do you see?"
I looked down to see a dove
"There's a crow sitting on the bench..."
I tried to trick her
But then I heard her begin to laugh
"Very nice, but you shouldn't lie."
"Just keep watching the dove. It's going to fly up to the window ledge on the count of 4."
So I turned back to the window
And just as it was planned
The dove flew up to the window, and sat there
"Mikey, come, sit back down."
I walked to the bed, but kept an eye on the dove
"Mikey I'm fate..."
She took my hand once again
"Everything has a plan, you meeting the watchers was not by chance."
"Everything..."
Her mouth was still grinning
But her eyes were telling me she wasn't lying
"How is everything planned? I don't get it."
"I mean. If we have free thought, how can everything be planned out."
She blew up laughing
"Mikey, please forgive me."
"No one has free thought. God designed us for our own personal missions."
"Sure everyone has different paths, and in that sense you have free thought."
"Do you understand?"
I was speechless
My whole world was rocked
"Just know you're doing exactly what God wants you to do in your life."
She stood up, and walked to the window
As she opened the window the dove came in
It perched on her finger
"Now Mikey, you know what you've needed to. I hope that puts you in a peace of mind."
I stood up
"No it doesn't! That scares the hell out of me! You're telling me that I have no control over my life."
She walked to me slowly
"It's time for you to go dear."
She then pulled down the balloon tied to my wrist
"I would love to chat more, but everything has a plan, and that's not part of it..."
She smiled as she pulled the balloon close to the dove
"Maybe in the future we'll meet again... But it really does all depend about our plans."
I looked into her eyes once more
Her smile
"Are you my angel?"
I asked one last question...

"You've got it."

And then I heard my balloon pop
Her smile grew as everything around me started blacking out
And once again I saw nothing
But this time I felt whole

Because everything seemed to come into place for the first time in my life


- Michael Alcoser

No comments: